RSS feeds are automatically generated for news articles published on a site. The 20 most recent published articles are included in the feed, which includes the following data from each article:
- Published date
- Author name
- Summary (if no summary is provided, one is generated from the body)
- URL to article
- Featured image
These RSS feeds can be used in a number of ways:
- A separate Site Builder site can display the feed on a page using the Feed Blocks module.
- A separate Site Builder site can import items from the feed into their News A collection of fields that describe a specific type of content, like a news article, a person, or an event. Site admins can add additional content types by enabling optional modules. WDS can also create custom content types for a site. using the News Importer A collection of features or functionality that can be enabled on sites. WDS has made several optional modules available to site administrators to enable on their site. For example, the "News" module enables the News content type and provide a News List Block for displaying news on a page. .
- Some other website (not a Site Builder site) may have a similar method to display RSS feeds.
- An RSS reader application on someones device can subscribe to the feed.
Obtaining Feed URLs
To view the RSS feed for the most recent 20 news articles, regardless of A term is an individual item that belongs to some taxonomy vocabulary, typically used for categorizing content. For example, a vocabulary "Colors" may have terms in it "Red", "Green", "Blue". , simply visit the path /news/feed/all on your website (e.g. https://sitebuilder-demo.princeton.edu/news/feed/all). Your browser may prompt you to download the RSS data to a file on your computer, or it may display the RSS data directly in the browser.
There are also feeds for each news taxonomy term. These feeds can be accessed by visiting path /news/feed/[ID], where [ID] is the numeric taxonomy term ID. You can obtain this ID by editing the taxonomy term and then looking at the URL of the page in your browser's address bar. It will contain the ID.
Displaying a List of Feed URLs
You may be interested in publishing a list of feed URLs for all terms in a news Used primarily for categorizing content, a vocabulary defines a specific grouping of taxonomy terms. Some default vocabularies exist on all sites, but WDS can create custom vocabularies if needed. Synonymous with categories. . This could be useful for visitors to your site that may wish to subscribe to all news you published for a particular topic.
To generate this list, add a Taxonomy Term List Block to a page layout. The list block generates a list of all the taxonomy terms in a particular vocabulary. Select the Link to the RSS news feed for the term option for the Linking method configuration setting: