The Presentation A collection of fields that describe a specific type of content, like a news article, a person, or an event. Site admins can add additional content types by enabling optional modules. WDS can also create custom content types for a site. is used to display basic information about a speaking engagement you will be holding or have held.
The Event content type is a much more robust option for adding related locations, dates, locations, images, documents, and recordings. It is more useful to generating a calendar and archive of engagements.
This content type requires the Presentation module. This module is only available for sites using the Scholar theme. WDS must enable it for you for now.
Adding a presentation
Visit the class entry form by clicking Manage » Content » Add Content » Presentation.
In the main area of the form on the left, you'll find some important fields to fill out:
- Title: The title of the presentation.
- Summary: This field is hidden by default (click "Edit summary" to reveal). The summary is used to provide a brief overview of the class. It will be displayed in Presentation List blocks that are displayed on landing pages.
- Body: The description that's displayed on the presentation detail page. If the summary field is left empty, the Presentation List will automatically generate a summary from the contents of the body field.
- Date: Select the appropriate date of the presentation — mm/dd/yyyy format.
- Location: Appropriate for a physical location where the presentation took place or a mention to a virtual event
- Related Documents: Optionally attach one or more documents, along with titles.
On the right sidebar, you'll find additional fields:
- Categorization: Use to categorize your classes. These can be used to filter Presentation List blocks. Your site may not have any categorization options available. See Content Categorization for more information on categorization.
- The user-friendly path for a content item or taxonomy term that replaces the system path. For example, /my-page can be an alias for /node/123. : This allows you to control the URL of the class detail page. An automatic alias is generated by default. It will be based on the title of the class. However, there are times when you want to override this and provide a custom path. You can uncheck the Generate automatic URL alias box and enter your own custom URL alias. Keep custom URL aliases short but descriptive and use hyphens to separate words.
Use the Save button at the bottom of the form to save the class. The Published checkbox can also be used to control public visibility. If unchecked, visitors to your site will not be able to view the contents.