Menus are a collection of links (menu items) used to navigate a website.
There is a central location to manage all menu links on your site using the Structure > Menus page.
All sites come with three menus:
- Main: The primary menu for your visitors to navigate your site. There's several options for controlling how this menu appears on your site in the theme settings.
- Utility: The Utility Menu is located in the topmost position of the website when viewed on a desktop. Its purpose is to display menu items that are important enough to be located on every page, but not part of the main menu. The Utility Menu is often used to link to:
- Newsletter Signup
- Related websites
- Footer: Displayed in your site's footer, menu items added here help your users navigate to more content on your site. Footer menus can be used to provide quick links to key or important information (often contact, newsletter, related offices...) on your website.
Managing Menu Links
When adding a Page to the menu, another way to add menu links is directly from the form for adding/editing a page. After adding the menu link there, you can rearrange and sort all of the menu links using this menu page.
- From the Admin toolbar, click Manage » Structure » Menus »
- Click List Links to the right of the menu you want to manage.
- You can re-arrange and create parent/child relationships with menu items using this interface.
- To add a new menu link, click +Add Link
- Enter Menu link title
The menu link title is your label, the text to be used for this link in the menu
- Enter Link
The location this menu link points to. You can start typing the title of a piece of content to select it. You can also enter an internal path such as /node/add or an external URL such as http://example.com. Enter <front> to link to the front page. Enter <nolink> to display link text only.
- Check Enabled, a flag for whether the link should be enabled in menus or hidden.
- Enter Description (optional), this will be shown when hovering over the menu link.
- Check Show as expanded (optional), if selected and this menu link has children, the menu will always appear expanded. This option may be overridden for the entire menu tree when placing a menu block.
- Select the Parent Link for the menu.
The maximum depth for a link and all its children is fixed. Some menu links may not be available as parents if selecting them would exceed this limit.
- Add weight.
Link weight among links in the same menu at the same depth. In the menu, the links with high weight will sink and links with a low weight will be positioned nearer the top. For example, if you wish to add the menu under the parent link main navigation after the first menu item, enter 2 as your weight. It's often easier to use the drag and drop interface on the menu list page.
- Click Save
No content available to show.