This block allows you to pull in a list of ServiceNow knowledge article links for display on your site. (KB stands for Knowledge Base.)
This block is only available after a site admin has enabled the ServiceNow Knowledge Base (KB) Block module. Read the modules documentation for instructions on doing so.
Features and Capabilities
- Displays the article title as a link to the article in the knowledge base.
- Optionally display the article abstract below the title.
- Two options for pulling the list of articles:
- Manually curated, by providing the specific KB article numbers
- Query-based, by pasting in a query that was generated in ServiceNow. This option allows you to pull in a list of all articles from a specific service offering.
- Use a standard list view or a grid view, similar to content list blocks.
- Special styling in the Tiger theme to distinguish the list of content from other content lists, helping to indicate the content originates from ServiceNow.
Note that only KB articles that have a "Can Read" value that is blank (all users) or Authenticated (requires CAS login). Any articles that are further restricted to a specific group will not be displayed.
For articles with a "Can Read" value set to "Authenticated", a lock icon will be displayed next to the article title to help indicate to visitors that viewing the article requires login to the Service Portal.
Follow the instructions on the page layouts page for adding a block to a page. The block is called "ServiceNow KB Links".