New Glossary A collection of features or functionality that can be enabled on sites. WDS has made several optional modules available to site administrators to enable on their site. For example, the "News" module enables the News content type and provide a News List Block for displaying news on a page.
A new Glossary module is available to enable. This module works by adding terms and definitions to a glossary Used primarily for categorizing content, a vocabulary defines a specific grouping of taxonomy terms. Some default vocabularies exist on all sites, but WDS can create custom vocabularies if needed. Synonymous with categories. . Terms added to this vocabulary will be converted to links when used throughout the site which toggle the display of the definition as a tool-tip.
Check out the documentation page linked above for details and screenshots on how to use the module.
General Features and Bug Fixes
- #902: Fixed an issue where unpublished taxonomy terms would still appear in taxonomy term list blocks and exposed taxonomy filters in content list blocks.
- #1015: Event list blocks now have the option to output the event sponsor.
- #1209: Publication references now accept an optional file upload for attaching related documents. The document link can be included in the Publications List block and are always displayed on the publication detail page.
- #1216: News List Blocks that are ordered by published date now have a secondary sort based on the date the article was created. This means that if two articles have the same published date, the more recently created article will be displayed first.
- #1234: Billboard blocks have a new setting called Text Visibility Adjustment which can be used to set a light gradient with black text over the image. The default dark gradient with white text is still available.
- #1258: The default max file size for Webform file fields has been increased from 10 MB to 30 MB.
- #1265: Fixed an issue where event descriptions of events imported from My PrincetonU would sometimes display with extra line breaks.
- #1277: Fixed an issue with the layout builder interface that was causing some block types to not display correctly.
- #1279: Fixed various issues with the default layout builder styles that were introduced in the previous release.
- #1281: A subset of HTML is now supported in the title of content items and publication references. This is limited to
- #1307: Fixed an issue where My PrincetonU events co-hosted by a group that the site is configured to import were not being imported.
- #1314: Fixed an issue with event location for events imported from My PrincetonU. If events were set to only show their location to those that registered, the text on the Site Builder location field was displayed as "Private Location (rsvp to display)". To reduce confusion about where a guest can RSVP, this text now reads "RSVP on My PrincetonU to see location" for newly imported events.
- #1315: Fixed an issue where changes to the My PrincetonU configuration form to add additional groups to import would not import previously created events for those groups. Changes to the config form will now cause all eligible existing events to be imported.
- #1322: Fixed an issue with the "Only Past Events" date filter on the Events List Block would display events from the current day that may not have finished yet.
- #1324: Fixed an issue with the Events Calendar block where events that spanned across multiple months were not displayed at all.
As there were a large number of accessibility fixes this release, they are listed separately here.
- #1227: Fixed an issue where the visually hidden heading for active alerts was output even if there were no alerts.
- #1228: Fixed an issue where the events calendar would always announce to screen readers that there were zero events being displayed when exposed category filters were used.
- #1260: Fixed an accessibility issue where updates to alternative text for images were not reflected when viewing the images in content list blocks or the admin media library.
- #1268: Fixed an issue where the Skip to Main link had an incorrect aria label.
- #1269: Fixed an issue where the Back to Top button that automatically appears when scrolling down on a page was not marked up correctly for screen readers.
- #1272: Fixed an issue where images on the Related News block on People detail pages were not hidden correctly from screen readers.
- #1274: Fixed various issues with the Accordion Block to improve accessibility.
- #1294: Fixed an issue where images on the Related People block on News detail pages were not hidden correctly from screen readers.
- #1308: Fixed various issues with content sliders to improve screen reader compatibility.