Please note that if WDS has customized your site (e.g. custom content types, theme, or other functionality), the improvements and fixes listed below may not be applicable.
The Publications A collection of features or functionality that can be enabled on sites. WDS has made several optional modules available to site administrators to enable on their site. For example, the "News" module enables the News content type and provide a News List Block for displaying news on a page. has received a number of fixes and improvements, including the ability to filter publications lists by their publication status (e.g., Forthcoming, Submitted, Working Papers, etc.). Publications lists configured to use the citation display style can now display the featured image of each publication as a small thumbnail.
This release also contains various accessibility fixes and improvements, including an important fix to the mobile styling for layout section tabs.
- #1220: Fixed an accessibility issue with Page List blocks that use Featured Icons as links.
- #2012: Fixed accessibility issues affecting the Publications List block. Also fixed an issue where featured images marked as decorative did not have the correct accessibility attributes when displayed in various content list blocks.
- #2263: Fixed an accessibility issue with layout sections tabs to make tab contents keyboard accessible. Also fixed a styling issue where the tabs would overflow on small screen sizes.
- #2291: Minor fixes to the automatic Accessibility Checker to improve stability. Issues displayed in the accessibility reports belonging to old page URLs that no longer exist will now be automatically deleted when an editor attempts to visit the deleted page.
- #2266: Presentations displayed in the Presentation List block are now sorted by the Presentation Date field. This can be modified if needed to sort by Created Date or Title fields instead.
- #1211: Fixed an issue where unpublished publications could not be viewed, even by those who had permission to edit them.
- #2201: The "Unpublished" publication reference type no longer requires the "Notes" field be filled out.
- #2239: All publication types now have a "Date Published" field where a month and year can be specified. This value is used when sorting publications in Publication List blocks and in some citation styles. The label for this field may vary for each publication type.
- #2233: Publication List blocks using the "citation list" style now support the ability to display the featured image as a small thumbnail alongside the citation. To enable this feature, edit the block configuration and check the new checkbox "Show Featured Images as thumbnails".
- #2248: Publication List blocks can now be filtered by publication status (e.g. Forthcoming, Submitted, Working Papers, etc). The filter can be configured to negate the configured selection as well (e.g. Show all publications that do not have the selected status). This filter can also be exposed to visitors to allow them to make a selection instead.
- #2275: Fixed an issue where publications with invalid publication dates (formatted incorrectly) would cause error pages to be displayed. Now, affected citations will simply not display the invalid date. These publications can be fixed by editing them and using the correct date formats.
- #2214: Fixed an issue where users with the Content Author role were unable to access the Webforms overview page to add new webforms.