Please note that if WDS has customized your site (e.g. custom content types, theme, or other functionality), the improvements and fixes listed below may not be applicable.
- Scholar sites: Wednesday, March 15, 4:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
- All other sites: Thursday, March 16, 4:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
- Backup day*: Friday, March 17, 4:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
*The backup day is reserved in the event of a scheduling conflict or other issue with one of the prior release days.
New Person Detail Page Design
Sites using the Tiger theme can now take advantage of a redesigned detail page for the Person A collection of fields that describe a specific type of content, like a news article, a person, or an event. Site admins can add additional content types by enabling optional modules. WDS can also create custom content types for a site. . The new design provides better content organization for a wider range of person types. See the screenshot below for a preview.
- #2414: Multiple minor bug fixes in the automated accessibility checker.
- #2379: Longer values for the title and affiliation fields are now supported on the Event Speaker content type.
- #2405: Updated some of the text on the My PrincetonU A collection of features or functionality that can be enabled on sites. WDS has made several optional modules available to site administrators to enable on their site. For example, the "News" module enables the News content type and provide a News List Block for displaying news on a page. settings form to be clearer.
- #2368: Jump link menus now switch between vertical and horizontal layouts automatically based screen size.
- #2379: Sites can now be configured to automatically convert "straight" quotations and apostrophes to their "curly" variants (sometimes called "smart quotes"). Visit the Configuration > System > Basic Site Settings to enable this. WDS plans to enable this for all sites in the future.
- #2410: Fixed a bug where the navigation buttons for Image Galleries would not be displayed correctly on pages that also used a specific type of accordion items.
- #2369: A new design for the Person detail page is available for sites using the Tiger theme (may not be applicable to sites with customizations). New sites will get this design by default. Site admins can toggle this new design on by visiting the Person module settings form.
- #2369: The Degrees field has been renamed to Education to better reflect how many sites were using it.
- #2276: Improved the styling of taxonomy terms displayed on publication reference detail pages to better separate them visually from the other fields.
- #2420: Resource Link List blocks that are configured to output a download button for file-based resources will now use the correct filename for the file when saved to the users computer. Previously the downloaded file would always be called "download".
- #2283: To prevent issues related to spam, Webforms that allow anonymous user submissions (i.e., don't require a CAS login to access) can no longer be configured to send email confirmations to the submitter. For now, existing Webforms configured this way are unaffected by this change. To allow emailing the submitter, configure the Webform to require authentication or contact WDS for an exemption request. Refer to our spam documentation for details on why this change was made.