When you request a site, WDS offers several Starter Kit templates to help you get started. Basic site building examples will prove helpful to new users of the platform—or more seasoned users looking for new layout inspiration and best practices. Sample content is meant to be replaced or deleted.
Starter Kit options
Geared towards academic departments, centers, and programs, there are three Starter Kits offered in the Tiger theme:
- Simple: Light-weight homepage layout
- Comprehensive: Robust homepage layout with extensive collection blocks and section styling
- Conference: Robust homepage layout and collection of subpages to serve as a model for any multi-session event hosted by Princeton
Geared toward faculty, researchers and labs (former OpenScholar users), there are three Starter Kits offered in the Scholar theme:
- Faculty & Researcher Simple: Light-weight bio site for faculty and researchers
- Faculty & Researcher Comprehensive: Robust homepage and collection of subpages
- Lab: Robust homepage and collection of subpages
- A blocked user account called "starterkit_site_admin" that owns all the starter kit content that is created.
- Some stock images of Princeton's campus and buildings added to the media library, owned by the starter kit user account and labeled as starter kit imagery.
- Content with sample filler text, owned by the starter kit user account.
- Page content (including the homepage) that utilize common page building blocks, like Billboards, Features, and content lists.
As of the 2.4 release, to remind you to eventually remove the starter kit content, a warning message is displayed on the content dashboard if there are any content items owned by the starter kit user account. To remove this message, simply delete the starter kit content, or edit each A individual item of content. For example, a page, a news article, and an event are all content items, which correspond to the Page, News, and Event content types, respectively. and change the "created by" user account to a different admin account.
Replace or delete the Starter Kit content before you take your site live!